The Urban Design & Landscaping Summit will bring the industry together to reflect on the interaction between urban development, landscaping and green spaces by laying emphasis on the opportunities and challenges faced in turning the region green, initiatives taken up by global and local government bodies and work done by the urban design and landscape architecture firms, globally and locally.
With the theme - Promoting greener, healthier and more sustainable built environments with best practices in urban design and landscaping – the Summit will attract landscape architects, municipalities, urban designers, property developers, parks and resorts, contractors, as well as engineering and building consultants.
A small selection of sessions and speakers include:
- Creating Today’s Cities - Functional, Attractive and Sustainable Urban Environments
- Pénélope Komitès, Deputy Mayor - Green Spaces, Nature & Biodiversity, The City of Paris
- Transforming the Public Realm – Developing Smart and Sustainable Urban Environments for Citizen Happiness
- Ceylan Belek Ombregt, Associate Director, Martha Schwartz Partners, London
- Efforts of the Government Authorities in Making GCC Greener, Healthier and More Sustainable
- Andrew Burton Anderson, Senior Landscape Architect + UNESCO World Heritage Advisor, Oman Botanic Garden
- Val Zillig, Urban Planning Advisor, Sharjah Urban Planning Council
- Ayub Hassan Algaferi, Head of Parks Section, Al Ain Municipality
- Ahmad Bukhash, Director - Urban Planning, Dubai Creative Clusters Authority
- City Nature – How to Grow a Livable City
In this talk, Rasmus will describe SLAs nature-based design approach, showing how green transition in urban planning can have major economic, social and environmental benefits.
Project – Reinvent Paris - http://sla.dk/en/projects/reinventparis
- Rasmus Astrup, Partner, SLA Architects, Denmark